San Antonio, TX
The Property Manager is responsible for directing property management operations, including responsibility for tenant relations, budgeting, financial reporting, interior construction, capital improvements, establishing and interpreting operational policies, ensuring compliance with company policy and objectives.
- Establish a positive relationship with new and prospective tenants by providing strong customer service and responding to inquiries/open issues promptly.
- Conduct quarterly tenant visits (at a minimum) to proactively cultivate tenant relations
- Administer and facilitate annual tenant surveys, and review survey results to implement changes (or provide explanations as appropriate) to address any issues and maintain a positive relationship with each tenant.
Accounting & Reporting
- Generate annual budgets and quarterly reprojections for expenses and capital for the portfolio. Oversight of operating expense estimates and reconciliations. Assistance with annual reconciliations and collections.
- Manage operating and capital expenses for the portfolio to ensure budget guidelines are established and adhered to based on the company’s objectives.
- Perform and/or oversee monthly management report preparation, including variance reports, construction management fees, general ledger detail review, accounts receivable, etc. Write, summarize, and present data in a clear and concise management report.
- Manage and approve invoice and purchase order workflow in PayScan.
- Ensure all available spaces are marketable and ready for leasing tours.
- Assist Vice President with lease renewals and new leases as required.
- Manage interaction with architects to produce space plans and construction documents.
- Assist with developing tenant improvement scopes of work and obtaining budget pricing.
- Provide legal counsel with required lease documentation for drafting lease documents.
- Track leasing encumbrances and providing required tenant notifications.
Vendor Selection, Project Management and Contract Administration
- Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services, capital improvements and interior construction to ensure quality and competitive pricing.
- Create service and construction contracts with vendors and keep on-going contracts up to date.
- Oversee scheduling and completion of contract work.
- Review construction documents and proposed work descriptions for accuracy and value creation.
- Ensure compliance with local and national governmental laws and regulations.
- Develop beneficial relationships with service partners.
- Conduct regular site meetings in the field to inspect work and review options to resolve open issues effectively.
- Conduct inspections prior to approval of invoices and pay applications.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective time management and organizational skills.
Acquisitions, Development and Special Projects
- Assist with the due diligence process for potential acquisition of land and/or building(s).
- Track due diligence items and coordinate transfer of information with Seller.
- Coordinate and conduct tenant surveys at acquisition sites.
- Perform building inspections and report any concerns to acquisition team.
- Review financial data, property taxes, current insurance, tenant estoppels and any other pertinent data.
- Coordinate new or transfer of utility services at acquired or newly developed properties.
- Obtain competitive bids for installation or recurring services as required.
- Assist development or acquisition team with coordination of access, new services, building inspections or any other project as assigned.
- Provide leadership, supervision and team support for the property management and administrative staff.
- Prepare and deliver annual performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Provide oversight and manage day to day office activities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field or at least 5 years of experience working in a commercial or industrial real estate position.
- 5+ years’ experience (additional 5 years if no degree) in commercial property management, leasing and construction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding of financial terms and principles, with ability to conduct basic financial analysis.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills with the ability to maintain effective tenant relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.