Construction Project Manager
EastGroup Properties is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager to represent the owner side as we expand our industrial foot print in the Southeastern markets. The Project Manager will work with our development team as well as architects, engineers, general contractors and building officials to design, permit and manage the construction of our industrial properties. Our development process includes site selection, design, permitting, entitlements and vertical construction. This position will be based out of Atlanta and will primarily focus on the Atlanta and Charlotte markets in the immediate future.
Summary of Job Duties
- Assist with new site selections and due diligence.
- Work with design professionals to facilitate the design process.
- Review drawings and specifications to ensure that they adhere to EastGroup’s standards.
- Work with government officials to permit projects.
- Assist with preparing contract agreements and change orders.
- Review shop drawings.
- Assist with the bid process for both new buildings and tenant improvements.
- Ensure that an accurate and complete estimate for each project is prepared.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets with general contractors.
- Manage project schedules to ensure on the time completion.
- Manage the entire construction process for infrastructure, building shell and tenant improvements for industrial development.
Education & Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 required.
- 5-8 years of design/build or other related construction experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple activities to accomplish the desired results.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Dropbox, Microsoft Project and the Internet required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.