The Project Accountant works with both the corporate accounting team and the development/ construction teams in the areas of billing, compliance, and project budgets. This position reports to the Director of Construction Accounting.
Summary of Job Duties
- Responsible for processing development and construction invoices.
- Reconciles development projects, including general ledger analysis, on a monthly basis.
- Assists the Director of Construction Accounting with quarterly reporting requirements.
- Maintains a lien log for all development projects.
- Prepares and tracts vendor contracts and change orders.
- Monitors contractor and vendor insurance ensuring compliance with EGP standards.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business-related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Background in construction accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience is required. Preference will be given to candidates with real estate and/or public accounting experience.
- Experience with Yardi or similar real estate accounting systems is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clear understanding of GAAP.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office applications.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, efficient and take ownership of own work product.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.