The Disbursements Specialist provides support to our Property Accounting team by processing a high volume of vendor invoices and issuing payment in a timely manner.
Summary of Job Duties
- Responsible for processing all property related invoices through Yardi PayScan.
- Issue payments to vendors to ensure all payments are received in a timely manner.
- Monitor and organize daily mail received as well as vendor invoices received via email.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of the PNC Bank draft account. Work closely with the Senior Accountant to ensure timely resolution of any open items.
- Monitor the PNC draft account daily for exceptions related to any unauthorized disbursements.
- Set up new utility accounts for auto-draft.
- Perform the new vendor set up process which includes collecting, monitoring, and setting up W-9 info and other compliance related requirements for each vendor.
- Prepare FedEx Shipping labels for any payments that have to be sent with special handling.
- Assist with special projects as requested/needed.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- One–three years of experience in accounting or business administration
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel) preferred
- Experience with Yardi is preferred
- Ability to work independently and process a high volume of invoices in a timely manner
- Detail oriented with logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure accuracy and timely completion