EastGroup Properties is seeking a Construction Manager to assist the Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin management teams. This position is responsible for overseeing all phases of construction on newly acquired and existing commercial real estate assets, in addition to tenant improvements and other renovations.
Summary of Job Duties
- Overall responsibility for construction / project management and administration activities from beginning to end. Responsibilities may include:
- Initial project planning
- Scope development
- Design documentation review
- Costing support
- Assessment of operational needs
- Establishing pre-construction processes
- Managing construction buyouts
- Supervising construction execution by third-party contractors
- Project closeout
- Identify and assess local qualified consultants and contractors to provide construction and design services for the project.
- Manage and coordinate all consultants, contractors, and third-party management for each project.
- Create budget guidelines for each project, and monitor the costs through the completion of the project.
- Prepare RFP (Request for Proposal) documents, for various types of construction projects; scope development, budget and timeline estimates, contractor qualification, and competitive bid solicitation.
- Provide bid analysis, as well as consultant / contractor selection recommendations to Senior Management.
- Prepare all contract documents for execution.
- Set-up and maintain an effective communication network for the project.
- Ensure general contractor project delivery schedule is consistent with proforma timeline.
- Conduct project “kick-off” meeting with design consultant, general contractor, and third-party management.
- Maintain all required project data and records; log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes, contract modifications and potential claims.
- Maintain and monitor insurance requirements for all involved in the jobsite and project management.
- Monitor construction process to ensure constructability standards and project delivery milestones are met.
- Review and approve all RFIs, submittals, change requests, draw requests and invoices.
- Prepare monthly project status reports, to include current schedules, variance to budget, potential cost overruns or scope changes. Proactively communicate potential areas that may impact schedule and/or budget.
- Provide on-going communication of overall scope of work with Property operations team to promote minimal disruption to tenants, residents and guests.
- Coordinate project closeout with all project consultants, general contractor, and lenders (as required).
- Coordinate and manage building turnover process and perform project acceptance walk-through to ensure compliance with project goals and scope.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (architecture, engineering, construction management) is preferable.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ jobsite experience ($5MM-$15MM projects or above) in project/construction management.
- Prior experience in project management budgeting, financial tracking, and cost analysis.
- Prior experience writing Request for Proposals, analyzing returned RFPs, and selecting quality vendors and providers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of construction specifications, with ability to draft specifications independently.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required, as well as ability to present ideas and recommendations to Senior Management.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to build relationships at various levels and hold parties accountable to EastGroup standards.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to analyze and solve problems independently involving multiple factors in various situations.
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications and experience with construction management and scheduling software.