What is a Business Distribution Building?
EastGroup’s property focus is multi-tenant business distribution buildings. This type of industrial building makes up over 76% of our portfolio and represents over 83% of what we have developed internally. Because business distribution buildings are extremely flexible and offer an up-scale quality office/warehouse environment, they appeal to a wide range of users, many of whom operate their entire business in their space. in particular, this product works well for the customer in the 5,000 to 50,000 square foot range which is the part of the market where the largest job growth typically occurs.
We categorize business distribution buildings to include:
- Building size of 60,000 to 100,000 square feet (typically 80,000 to 90,000 square feet).
- Ceiling clear height of 20 to 24 feet (typically 24 feet).
- Multiple store front entries designed for divisibility.
- Building depth of 200 feet or less (typically 150–175 feet).
- Office buildout of 10–25% (average 15%).
- Dock high loading doors with a small number of drive-in ramps.
- Bay sizes 40x40 feet minimum.
- Parking ratio of approximately two spaces per thousand building square feet.