What is a Business Distribution Building?
EastGroup’s property focus is multi-tenant business distribution buildings. This type of industrial building makes up 80% of our portfolio and represents over 84% of what we have developed internally. Because business distribution buildings are extremely flexible and offer an up-scale quality office/warehouse environment, they appeal to a wide range of users, many of whom operate their entire business in their space. In particular, this product works well for the customer in the 5,000 to 50,000 square foot range which is the part of the market where the largest job growth typically occurs.
We categorize business distribution buildings to include:
- Building size of 60,000 to 125,000 square feet (typically 80,000 to 90,000 square feet).
- Ceiling clear height of 24 to 30 feet.
- Multiple store front entries designed for divisibility.
- Building depth of 150 to 200 feet.
- Office buildout averaging 15% but ranging from 10–25%.
- Generally front-park, rear-load.
- Dock high loading doors with a small number of drive-in ramps.
- Bay sizes 45 x 45 feet minimum.
- Parking ratio of approximately two spaces per thousand building square feet.